Saturday, September 8, 2012

Do Not Fret, My Pet!

It's getting to be that time! Already?? Oy..where did the time go? I have no idea. But God just keeps showing off. My last few days here were so, so nice. The good byes were realllly hard, but there was joy through the pain. Its beautiful to see the way He orchestrates everything. Every thing. I praise him for that. 

Before we leave Vredendal to drive to Lamberts Bay for a couple days for team debrief in preparation of Mozambique, I wanted to share with you something that the Lord has done in my heart. I have written about it previously, but the fact that I am writing about it again shows the He has answered my prayers. Philippians 4:6 says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." He has miraculously given me the strength and the focus to not have an ounce of worry for whatever is happening tomorrow. Literally. (As some of my family knows, a pet peeve of mine is people saying literally when it doesn't fit the context. So when I say it, I am happy to say that I really mean it!) He has given me and unending peace about whatever situation is at hand as well as whatever is going on in the future. How our schedule worked was quite different than something I am accustomed to. We often times didn't know the plan for the next day. If we did, it would normally change from this to that or from that to this. Typically, that would bug the worms out of me. (No pun intended. Don't worry everyone, I have taken my de-worming meds. Man, I feel like a dog.) But because that was the case, it was easier for God to give me a pure joy and sense of satisfaction in doing whatever we were doing, where ever. That has lead me to actually be able to BE where I am. Fully. It has been rewarding beyond measure. Not only for me, for  those around me, but it for Him too. He has spoken through me in prayers that I have prayed over some of our friends and in messages I have taught to kids, the youth group, and even a group of police neighborhood watchmen and women. I thank God over and over and over, and I still can't seem to say it enough.

So I encourage you and challenge you to strive for the same. There is no way I could have ever achieved this peace on my own, no matter how hard I tried or how badly I wanted it. But God will provide. He will give it to you. Just follow him, do what he asks. Do not worry. Do not be anxious. Do not agonize. Do not stress. Do not fear. Do not doubt. Or as my mom would say, "Don't fret, my pet!"

Goofin off with some of the kids we would hang out and play with every week.

Me, Arina (my host mom), Anarie (my host sister), and Cassandra (my roomie)!

Our team with the Kingdom Vision Bible School students. They are all wearing the blue shirts. 
From left to right: Marian, Kerau, Sumalie, Qula, and Lionel.
Pray for my dear friends! Prayer is so wonderfully powerful. How cool is it that we get to speak with The One that created us..that created this all?? How could I want to do anything else but that..? :)


2 comments:

  1. It is so refreshing to see your transparency. I feel like today is a day to truly thank God for you and the blessings you bring to each person you encounter. Lots of love and prayers,
    Mamma G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete